MENS GROUP- now enrolling for Feb 21st, 2023
Do you feel your mind is being pulled in a hundred different directions at once? Do you have a hard time handling some of your emotions, and does this cause any problems in your relationships?
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) offers individuals comprehensive skills to manage painful memories and emotions and decrease conflicts in their relationships. This modality focuses on 4 specific areas of therapeutic skills. These are:
- Mindfulness – Helps individuals be present in the current moment.
- Distress tolerance – Most people try and keep themselves safe from all negative emotions. Distress tolerance is geared toward increasing a person’s tolerance of negative emotions.
- Emotion regulation – Offers strategies to manage intense emotions that are the root cause of problems in a person’s life.
- Interpersonal effectiveness – These techniques allow an individual to communicate with others in a confident, assertive way that maintains self-respect and strengthens relationships.
DBT Skills Training groups are for people who would like to cope more effectively with intense emotions, anxiety, depression and relationship struggles. DBT Skills are taught to reduce self-destructive behaviors and learn more adaptive ways to manage painful emotions. The DBT skills group interactions will help you practice skills with others and offer mutual support.
When are the groups and What Can You Expect?
Our group meets continuously, for 6 weeks at a time. Groups are limited to 6-8 adults (18+). An initial interview is required before joining the group. While we sometimes offer mixed gender groups, currently our group is for members who identify as male.
- For 6 weeks, Tuesdays nights from 6:30-8:00pm
- Beginning February 21st, 2023
- Downtown Corvallis location
- Cost for all 6 weeks- $325
- Book included in price
If you or someone you know may benefit from dialectic behavioral therapy, please get in touch with me. I would be happy to discuss how I may be able to help.